The RCD owns and manages an 8-site campground located on the west side of the Lost Lake community, alongside the stream below the Lost Lake dam. The campground includes potable water, a couple picnic tables, some fire pits and fire rings, and a porta-potty. There is no electric service or dump station. With enough notice, the RCD may be able to provide an additional porta-potty for larger camping groups. Camping is seasonal; the season usually begins May 1 and ends in September.
Camping is by reservation only and a signed Campground Reservation Form/Permit must be completed and displayed at the site. Call the RCD office at 815-652-2006 to reserve camping sites. Campers must be property owners within the RCD's taxing district, or their guests. A $20 per night/per site fee, along with a $25 refundable deposit, is required with the completed permit.
1. No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the campground.
2. Campers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
3. Disorderly conduct and unreasonable noise are not permitted in the campground and includes activities that are disruptive to residents nearby the campground.
4. Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
5. All camp fires must be under control at all times and extinguished before leaving the campground.
6. Quiet pets are allowed if they are on a leash not to extend 10 feet and under control at all times. Cleaning up after pets is the owner's responsibility.
7. All trash generated in the campground is to be taken out of the campground and disposed of properly by the camper(s).