To offer boaters convenient access to the waters of Lost Lake, the RCD provides and maintains several boat docking, storage and launching opportunities.
East Side of Lost Lake
• Adjacent to the North Beach on the end of Beech Lane, this location has a boat launch, boat racks, and a 40-foot dock.
• The East Boat Launch Area is located on Oak Lane and features a boat ramp and boat racks.
West Side of Lost Lake
• Located at the cul-de-sac end of Park Drive, this area provides boat racks and a boat launch (the boat launch is maintained by the community's Property Owners Association).
• Located on the north side of the dam are boat racks and a 20-foot dock
The RCD also owns and rents 16 seasonal boat dock spaces for those boat owners who want want on-water boat docking/storage. To learn more, click here.
Boating and Boat Rules
• All boats that must be registered with the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) must have a current IDNR decal and contain a current RCD Lost Lake boat decal. Boats stored on RCD racks must have a separate rack decal.
• Boats with gas-powered engines may not use the engines while on the lake.
• Any boat that does not have up-to-date IDNR stickers and current RCD boat and rack decals and is stored on RCD property will be removed and locked up. The owner must prove current sticker and pay a storage and handling fee to have their boat returned to them.
Please keep in mind the following when using these facilities and any other RCD facilities, including the lake:
• NO ALCOHOLIC beverages are allowed on the lake.
• Disorderly conduct and unreasonable noises are not permitted on any of the RCD properties. This includes activities that are disruptive to surrounding properties.